Madelyn continues to surprise us every day. She giggled for the first time this week, seems to be teething and is learning how to roll over onto her back. This is how our week has gone, Mom spends all day feeding, cleaning, comforting and playing with her until she's almost ready to pass out. Dad comes home and takes over, Mom leaves the room for a break, Madelyn does something new for Dad and Mom misses it.
Needless to say this is frustrating for Mom and endlessly fascinating for Dad. Last night I blew a Zurbert on her stomach and cried when she looked back at me and giggled, Mom caught a few but she stopped giggling after a few rounds. I don't think there is a sweeter sound than than the laughter of your child or any child for that matter. The same thing happened on Tuesday night when Dad egged Madelyn on to roll over onto her back. Luckily she has since put in a repeat performance for Mom.
Teething also has started this week, but that's not as much fun as the giggles. Basically she will try to chew on anything in sight and drool, man does she like to drool. Yet again something else they failed to mention to us in parenting class. We can't see any teeth yet but they must be getting ready to pop.
She is sleeping most nights from 9:00ish until about 7 or 8 the following morning, because of this the daytime feedings and routine are in flux. It seems like just when you get her or the routine figured out she changes on you.
Life with the harness has been ok, she gets it off in two weeks on Nov the 5th, yippie!!
3 comments:
Cindy in Albuquerque here. Stacy shared your blog with me and when I have a moment, I enjoy checking in to see how you all are doing. Olivia had her 2 month check up this morning and the Doctor has ordered an ultrasound to check for Hip Dysplasia. I had never heard of such a thing before reading your blog and although I am hopeful that she does not have it, I at least have the knowledge that this is not the end of the world. May need someone to talk to if we need to seek treatment. Thinking of you, Cindy, David & Olivia
I'm sure everything will turn out ok. I heard Madelyn's hips clicking from about week two but never knew what to do about it or to tell anybody about it. Karin had it as a child and it tends to run in familys. It's not as bad as it sounds, I tell people she does not even know she has feet yet so being strapped in harness for a few weeks won't make much difference to her. It's far harder mentally on the parents than the child.
Thanks for the support. The personality traits that are showing up on the scene have us in stitches half the time. We are currently dealing with my return to work...first day yesterday with alot of tears (on momma's part) Hope that it gets better as time goes on. Am glad that things are going well in the Northwest and that Madelyn will be done with the harness soon.
Take Care,
Cindy, David & Olivia
Post a Comment