Sunday, November 4, 2007

Last Leaves of Autumn

This weeks handmade hat was made by our friend Jamie Thomas, thanks Jamie :)

We were both sad this week when Madelyn moved from her co-sleeper in our bedroom to her crib. I guess it's just part of watching your little girl grow up. Everybody seems to be sleeping better because of it so its for the best. She no longer has to wonder why there is a bear in the room when Dad snores and I don't have to listen as she sucks her fingers and whatever else she can stick in her mouth when she sleeps. About 1/2 the time she will sleep from 9ish to 6ish in the morning, the rest of the time she wakes up for a midnight snack. There is nothing like a 4 month old staring at you in the face at 2:00am to make you smile, it's as if she's saying, "Wow how did you get here, could you tell that I'm hungry?"


We caught some video last night of her sucking her thumb while in her crib, how she could sleep though all of that I don't know, but it was fun to watch. Our video camera has an IR light on it to allow for filming in the dark. I'll post the footage next week.


She really did not make too many sounds early in the week, it was almost like she forgot how. Then this weekend she found her voice again and figured out how to hit the high notes (oh Joy) and loves to screech for us when prompted and egged on. When the cats walk around the room she watches them looks to see what they are up to. Lucky for them they both stay out arms reach. Monday's doctor's appointment will decide how her hips have healed up. It will sure be nice to get our baby back and not have to strap her up all the time.




No comments: