Its been awhile since we've done a post, so I thought I'd post some pics from the last couple weeks. It's late and I'm tired, so this probably won't be the best post I've ever written. Dad does a better job at this than I....but we've been busy lately, the blog is falling behind.
Madelyn is 20 months and changing into more of a 2 year old everyday. The tantrums have officially begun. She is obsessed with putting on her own shoes and can do it most of the time. If we try to help, that will cause a big head shake with "Nooooooo" and possible tears. So if time allows, we wait , try to help, and hope that those shoes get on the right feet the first time. It's one of the small things in our days that is showing her new independence. She is also very insistent on choosing socks and coats, and of course, they never match. It drives me (mom) crazy.
Maddy & Will sharing his chair
Brooks and Maddy - more chair sharing
We took a weekend getaway to Leavenworth, a touristy town nearby. It was great to get out of the house for the weekend. I have to admit that Madelyn is not the greatest car-rider in the world and we definitely have a 2 hour time limit. But, she loved being in a new place and had a lot of fun playing in the park and exploring the town with us. We had one huge tantrum trying to get her in her stroller, as its a newer stroller and we haven't used it much. But later on in the day she was asking to get in it and playing with it! Dad was amazed at the quick turn-around in attitude about the stroller.
No comments:
Post a Comment