Thursday, April 9, 2009

Great Grammie

With a heavy heart we received word that Madelyn's Great-Grandmother passed away suddenly this morning.  This was our last picture of her and Madelyn taken last summer when she was trying to steal her purse.  She was they entire reason I created Maddy's blog since she lived so far away.  I also shot about an hour of video each month and sent her a DVD as well.

Grammie meant allot to me and it's sad to know she won't meet Madelyn's sister.  I'll never have another bowl of her bread pudding or play another game of cards with her.  If only once I am grateful that these two Potter women got a chance to have met.  Someday when she's older we'll have to take her back to Massachusetts to show her the farm where Grammie grew up and literally show her the family roots.

2 comments:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Mike, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. Our condolences to you and your family.

Bryan & Raymona

Sandi Heinrich said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Grammie : ( I'm glad you have those pictures of her and Maddy together!