Thursday, May 28, 2009

Makena Hope Potter is Here!!!

Life is Good. Makena Hope Potter made her appearance at 2:30 this afternoon. I drove home from work in record time to find that Kathryn Leaty had beat me to the house. A quick call to Meme&Pepe took care of Maddy and off we went. We delivered the baby 30 minutes after check in to the hospital, that was cutting things kinda close. The birth went as planned, all-natural and Mom got to have baby on her chest after the delivery. It was another one of those amazing things to watch and the emotions were high.
Makena was 8lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. She has long, long fingers and toes, brown hair and a cute little nose
Puffing those lungs out with some crying after the birth. Meme and Pepe brought Madelyn for a short visit before dinner, little does Madelyn know what she's in for.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Potter family!! What a beautiful baby girl with a name just as lovely and musical to follow. :) And Karin, thanks for listening to me babble about diapers and holding Seraphina while I was fiddling with something else at Kari's today what was that... 2.5 hours before you had your baby??? You are my new idol!!! :)

Unknown said...

YIPEE she is here! We are so happy for you Potter family! I predicted May 27th and I was 1 day late! You left my house so calm today and two hours later you were a mom of two-amazing! The pic of little Makena on your chest is priceless- So glad that happened! We can't wait to meet here.

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm glad all went well and fast!!! Congratulations!!!

Raymona & Bryan

Molly said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby and healthy birth! Damn, girl you look like you just went for a run :)
All the best!

Sandi Heinrich said...

Yey! So exciting : ) I've been checking your blog daily in anticipation of this news! I guess this means I'll be making a trip south very soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Karin,
Congrats! Thanks for adding me to your list! I'm so happy everyone is doing well. She's beautiful! Great Job!

-Suzanne

Lanumator said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad she finally came and everything went well. I can't wait to meet her!! I'm so happy for all four of you!