Monday, November 16, 2009

"I do that all by myself"


Life has been a bit chaotic for the last few weeks. Well who are we kidding, the last few months. But what I really mean is we are in a new phase with Makena and its just a bit tougher. Hard to point to a reason why, it just is. So Michael started this post a week ago and I'm just now finishing it up. I found a photo taken back in October of the two girls (the one above) that I love. Its pretty damn hard to get them to pose together, let alone capture these sweet moments.




Cereal's good. What else ya got?


Makena loves to check out her sister. Maddy will get down on her level and stick her face right up to her and say, "Hi BK", this makes BK break out into huge grins. She still brings Makena toys if she thinks she does not have enough, most of the time that means 8-10, rather than the 2-3 that Dad gives her. And Madelyn is finally starting to call her "Makena" but we still hear "BK" occasionally. Makena's hair is still sticking straight up. Sleep continues to be a roller coaster. Some days are good, some are not so good. Probably more sleep training work ahead for us, fun. We have started on rice cereal with her as well. It took her a few days to get onto the eating bit, but she seems to like it.


Maddy eating Dad's Pesto Pizza. Hard to believe, but here is proof.


Madelyn favorite phrase this month is, "I do that all by myself", the little woman just wants to be able to do everything, and as long as it does not involve kitchen knives, paint or large power tools, we will let her have a go at it. The second favorite phrase is "Watt Dis?" (What This) And its asked over and over and over. Curious George is her favorite character right now, she just loves that little monkey to no end. She really got into Halloween this year so the holidays should be more fun with her this year. I love how little things still excite her, we showed up at the Doc the other day for H1N1 and seasonal flu shots, she squealed with delight over the fish tank in the lobby, grabbing my hand and dragging me over to the tank several times to make sure I saw the fish also.

Look they are both looking at the camera and smiling. Another small miracle.


Amelie and Makena laughing, while Maddy is passing out more toys.

No comments: