Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan-Sick-uary

Janaury has turned out to be the month of the sickies for us. This is not the first year, but actually the 3rd year in the row that the month of January has proven to be filled with illness. I had hoped we just might break tradition this year. It was not to be as last Monday Makena came down with Croup. It was pretty bad week, half of it filled with a non-sleeping baby which made for some exhausted parents. Michael also discovered after a doctor's visit, that he had some nagging Pneumonia in his left lung. It was definitely a back to basics, kick our booty, kind of week - but I'm happy to report we are just about all healed up.

As if being sick wasn't enough for Ms. Makena, she was also determined to get up on those knees and figure out crawling. Personally, I would have chosen to sleep more..but not her. Nope, wheezing and moaning she was much happier rolling around and trying to crawl. She hasn't quite got it yet...but is pretty determined about it.

Another big step for Makena is moving out of the infant car seat and up to a convertible car seat. No longer do we have the ease of dragging her around in her car seat. But at 20+ pounds, that infant carrier was getting to be way too heavy to carry around. So onto the big girl car seat she has moved....and now things will get a bit trickier for us.


Madelyn has amazingly managed to escape the sickies this week. I probably shouldn't have put that in writing..I'm sure I just cursed myself. She spent much time at Meme & Pepe's house this week. And a big Thank You to them for helping us out. She is always full of piss & vinegar, as my mom use to say, and I have no idea how we would have made it through this week with out my inlaws help.

Maddy& Dad being silly at Rubys Diner


First time in a high-chair and all smiles about it.

Dad pulled out the Kelty to get dinner made

Makena's crib, according to Maddy, is purely for playing

Loving bath time


Almost crawling....with the cat on guard and ready for her

1 comment:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Really??? Can these two get any cuter???