Madelyn had her first trip to the Dentist this week. Big deal in the Potter house, as Maddy in the past has had a difficult time with the Doctor (IE, lots of screaming) But she is getting older and a bit more adventurous, and it was just time. We talked it up lots..and I got really lucky.
I have a friend from my Moms Group, who is a Pediatric Dentist. How lucky is that? So instead of meeting a stranger, I just chatted with Maddy about how she was going to see Yoo-Lea who was a dentist. We headed into Dr. Yea's office which is all set up for kids. They did a brilliant job and my big girl went back to the chair all by herself, no crying...just walked on back. They had all sorts of tricks to make it fun for the kids and not scary. It worked, as they did a full polish and exam. I was so proud of my little girl and she had big smiles. The balloon and Pooh toothbrush helped a bit too! It is so wonderful to see her grow up and not be so nervous about new things.
We have also been reading about the Dentist in one of the Berenstein Bear books we own. I completely forgot how this book has a bit about how one of the bears has to get a tooth pulled. Well later that day, Dad was talking to Maddy about the big trip to see Dr. Yea, and Maddy says "And I didn't even get a tooth pulled!" Poor thing was worried about this and I had no idea.
We also squeezed in a trip to get haircuts as Maddy was getting a bit shaggy. You can tell she doesn't love having it done, but getting to watch a Curious George movie was all she needed to let someone fuss with her hair. I plopped down with Makena for a minute, as her bangs were in desperate need. Her hair is growing in a very peculiar way around her bangs...so my little cutie is going to have some funny baby hair for quite awhile, I fear. Oh well - makes for good pics.
1 comment:
Way to go Maddy! We miss Dr. Yoo-Lea, you are lucky to have such a great dentist.
Post a Comment