Makena is Two. I talk about Maddy so much on this blog and feel like I need to give the spotlight to Ms. Makena.
Our big thing with Makena right now is her lack of words. She started speech therapy this week because she really isn't saying much. She is babbling more and trying, but not real words. Happily she loves speech therapy, as really its about one on one attention and new toys to play with. Its an easy thing to love from her two year old perspective. Already she is trying to say more words and we respond with overwhelming joy and then she claps and laughs. This can only be a good thing!
She is a determined and independent little girl, who wants mostly in life to be doing everything that big sister is doing. She gets very mad each day when I strap her into the car seat, as she is determined to do this by herself. She is also working very hard to figure out how to dress herself, just like big sister does each day.
Unfortunately, she is a terrible picky eater. I thought Maddy was tough, but Makena redefines the word PICKY! Tonight she actually picked up a piece of pizza and gave it a bit of a try. Huge for this girl - huge. We offer no pressure, and little attention as the more attention you give her about food, the more she will not eat it. And more likely will chuck it. Ughhh. Who knew I'd be celebrating for my child to eat pizza? I thought these foods just came naturally with kids. Humbled, yet again.
Makena loves music. Each day we turn on Pandora and the girls dance around in their silly ways loving it. And she loves to be silly and make us laugh in any way she can.
Her big present this year was an easel. She really loves to color and paint. Maddy wasn't as into art at this age, but Makena really likes it. As long as we can keep her from "decorating" our walls or furniture, than it will be a good thing. But realistically I'm expecting some "decorating" to happen.
I'm not sure what the next year will bring for Makena. But I can tell you this, she will most definitely be doing it her way, her pace, and there is just no changing anything about that. I need to remind myself of this everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment