| At the zoo, after a tantrum of not getting a huge lollipop. Trying Dipping Dots for the first time and discovering they actually are really good. But definitely not wanting to admit it to Mom. |
We went for her yearly check up last week. Her doctor comes in and takes a look at her stats and says "Wow, she is tall!" Maddy is 42" tall and 40lbs. She has consistently been in the 95% for height since she was a baby. For both my girls the number one comment I receive is "Wow, she is tall". Yep, they are. They can thank their Dad for that trait, not Mom.
We had two shots that day, which I was dreading. At four years old, your way more conscious of what is going on and therefore, the screaming associated with shots could be potentially a lot worse! I was prepared with gummy snacks. But Madelyn surprised me. Her Doctor explained to Maddy she would be getting two shots. Maddy seemed not to care much and didn't have too much of a reaction. Nurse came in to give the shots...and Madelyn's big concern was the band aids. She was very clear that she did not want band aids. Two shots went in with barely a whimper and Maddy's big comment was
"Can I have my gummys now?" Wow!!! I was very impressed.
Maddy is all big emotion lately. I keep hoping this is a phase, but am thinking it just might be her. She all or nothing, and rarely a mellow kid. She is loud and loves to be loud, laughing, yelling and generally making sure the house is not quiet. The loud part she gets from me. I know this. I'm pretty sure we weren't meant to have quiet kids.
| Favorite Birthday Presents |
Maddy - I think your orange thing is on the BBQ is done
Michael thinking she doesn't know what she is talking about....then discovers his cedar plank has caught fire on the grill! I guess she did know what she was talking about.
Maddy - at the Pirate Party on Golden Gardens Beach, very upset about the sand.
I don't like this sand...crying crying.....I don't like this beach there is sand everywhere...all around...get me out of here!
Mom - What do you want to be when you grow up, Maddy?
Maddy - I just want to be myself. I don't want to be anything else.
(Perfect. Let's come back to this in 12 years and discuss further)
Maddy - Mom, can I tell you something?
Mom - What honey?
Maddy - I just want to be a kid forever. I don't want to grow up to be a big person.
Mom - Yeah, me too. Oh wait...too late.
Maddy - Mom, aren't you coming to the park?
Mom - No Maddy. I'm staying home to clean and get some things done.
Maddy - Well don't forget to clean the garage
Mom - Thanks kid, I didn't have enough to do.
Maddy - I have a lot of friends and I have to play with all my girlfriends. But not my boyfriends. Boyfriends are dumb!
Here is hoping that this year goes just a wee bit more smoothly than last year. As Three was definitely challenging. Four has yet to prove any easier. I keep hoping and Maddy keep it real.
No comments:
Post a Comment