Saturday, October 15, 2011

What happened?

I just looked at the date of the last blog entry and it said August!   What happened?  Where did the time go?  Its October!!   The leaves are turning, the heat is on in the house, and my toes are cold.   I'm not really a summer type of girl, but clearly I'm getting older as I already am mourning the loss of my sandals.   I want to live where I can where sandals year round.  Is it really so much to ask?   

So what have we been up to?  I have to go through some pics to remember.


My friend Carrie was in town from Colorado.   We had some a fun time hanging out at CarKeek Park with her son, Will.  What a cutie and loved the beach.   My girls, weren't so thrilled with the beach and we had a few whines, cries...but after I pulled out some treats...smiles returned.  Funny how that works.


We headed out to Remlinger Farms one weekend in Carnation.   Molly and her family joined us.   Love this picture of the girls.   It was too much fun and not enough time to experience everything from rides to farm animals, and of course a very enticing market and gift shop.   We will have to return again to see more.



Taste of Edmond in Mid-August with the family.   I have to be honest and had higher expectations for this event and remember it being well, more fun.   I'm not sure if we were there too early or what..but it was just a bit dismal.    Madelyn was not dismal as you can see she got berries on a stick covered in sprinkles.  Makena got a fruit chew.   Doubt that will work next year.     As you might expect, the berries looked fantastic but were a mess to eat and really not worth it.  But I guess that is all part of being a kid.



And last but not least toward the end of August, was Big Truck Day in Redmond.      The girls and I had signed up through the City of Redmond, which meant they all got pink plastic hard hats and big truck cookies.  Its a very fun event with local companies bringing in Big Trucks from fire engines, garbage truck, Dizzy's Tumblebus for the kids to play on, SWAT vehicles, Police Vehicles and more.   You name it, they got it.    They hold the event at Farrel McWhirter, so you have farm animals, trucks, and a ice cream truck.  Perfection.




We end the day by hitting up the popsicle truck.   What could be better? 

1 comment:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

I know what you mean about time flying... still haven't finished our Aug vacation blog posts... sigh. Not sure I will... maybe... in December. HAHA

Great photos, looks like you had a great time!