The plane ride was difficult, but we made it. Every hour seem to go on forever. Maddy was really good and kept herself entertained most of the time. Makena required both of us to keep distracted. We had one grumpy old man in the seat before us that was turning around and complaining not even and hour into the flight. A few more complaints and I finally stood my ground and told him to take it to the Flight Attendants if he had an issue, which he never did. I realize kids are a huge pain in the butt on planes, but I assure you that as a mom I was doing everything possibly to keep the peace, keep my kids entertained and everyone mellow. There was no crying, little screaming, and two very good kids. But the man was on high alert for any kid issues, so any bump to his seat made him angry. Well yes, my kids will bump your seat. After all they are 2 and 4 years old, so sitting still for 5 hours is not something their capable of. Hell, I am not really capable of it at 38 years old. Michael nicely pointed out an empty seat in the next row over suggested he make a change. He grumbled and left us alone.
![]() |
| View from Hot Tub |
I will admit about half-way through I tried to give Makena a little something to make her sleep. I have used it before and it just mellowed her out. Well Karma bit me in the ass, as it wound her up and made her irritable and ancy. This is about the LAST thing you want from a 2 year old with 3 hours to go in a flight. Makena must have climbed into and out of her seat about 150 times. Oh man, it was dicey for awhile there....and somehow we eventually got here. Lesson learned and I won't attempting that again.
![]() |
| Anaeho'omalu Beach |
*Images are not mine; just stolen to for viewing pleasure!



1 comment:
A bit jealous but I'm so happy you made it and are enjoying your time. One day we will too...
Post a Comment