Lately Ms. Maddy has had quite the little temper on her. I know where she gets this fierce little temper from. I had dreams of raising calm, quiet, well-minded little girls it was only really a dream. Like the saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Madelyn has come up with some pretty interesting "expletives" lately for various reasons angry at her loving Mom and Dad. I've started keeping track, as most times I'm trying to stifle my laughter. Being told off by your 4 Year Old, with her angriest words is just funny. It also usually involves growling, sticking out her tongue, and the best one - crossing her arms and giving me the 'Hmmmpphh' face with big pouty lips.
Madelyn's repertoire of expletives:
Owie-Head
Ouchie Butt
Poop in your Belly
PoopyHead
TrickyMomma - Yes, that is right girl..and don't you forget it!
While I don't condone this behavior, at times I feel I just need to let it go. Choose your battles, they say. And honestly if the girl wants to be angry and call me a Owie-Head, so be it. We are trying to eradicate the phrase 'poopyhead' out of our house. I swear this is a 4/5 year old thing. Everything is "poopy". Maybe I should stick a bar of soap in her mouth, like my mom would threaten.
Makena is still struggling with words, so for now she screams at ear crushing volumes which definitely gets your attention. Makena is more of everything Madelyn is. I like to say that Madelyn is training for Makena. I have no doubt that Makena's future "expletives" will out do her Big Sister.
Other little gems from Ms. Maddy -
Upon noticing her underwear were a bit wet and asking her about that she said "I think I need a wiping lesson"
Overheard riding in the car, while she is looking at her Bible. "Makena, be quiet. I'm reading." Hmm..really? I didn't know she could read.
At quiet time - "Mom, can I have three hours of quiet time?" Yes, and a lesson on time after you get up. :)
And most recently overheard - "What kid? What is it? Need help? I'll help you. I'm a good helper. Mom doesn't know how. "
No comments:
Post a Comment