Spring is here and we are loving the sunny warm days. Thankful to be healthy and feeling pretty good, getting out more and having some fun.
There is a story behind this rather mundane picture. The girls and I were out at Kelsey Creek Park checking out the farm animals and playground area. See the rather large puddle in the background of this picture? Yes, well after she got off this fun little bouncy sheep..she headed over to the puddle. Only I was busy pushing Makena in the baby swings. I saw what was happening but really only had time to yell "STOP". Being 2.5 yrs old, she had no intention of stopping. She walked right into that puddle and quickly discovered a couple things - much deeper than most puddles and she wasn't wearing her frog rain-boots on to protect her from said puddle. Immediate crying and screaming ensued. I laughed out loud, grabbed Makena and went over to rescue her. We had crying and screaming all the way back to the car...more crying on discovering her socks were also wet....and more crying when I broke the news that I didn't have a change of clothes and she'd have to ride home in just her diaper. But dry towel, Clifford book, and snack managed to dry those tears. I like to think she might have learned her lesson about puddles and listening to Mom. But I highly doubt it.
We went down to the Woodinville "All Fools Day" Parade this last weekend. The girls had a great time. Makena met Cooper, the Bulldog, and was all smiles about it. Cooper loved the girls and had no problem looking for some attention.
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you guys are getting out and about and staying healthy. The girls look like they are having a blast!
Post a Comment