We've had some gorgeous days lately around Seattle. Tried to take advantage of it today by getting the girls out to Cottage Lake Park with Meme. Fed the ducks, found the slides, and introduced Makena to the swings. She loved it. Nice to have the windows open and the sunshine beating in.
The other big news is our house is getting Maddy's hair up in a pony-tail type thing. I've been trying for well over a year and its always been a great big "no, no, no, noooooooo" response. Any pushing warrants further screams of protest and much drama. I would give it a rest for awhile and try again...same response. But lately, somethings changed..and two days in a row, I got that kid's hair up! Maybe...just maybe....we are turning a corner.
One day this week, Michael came home and took the girls out for a walk. We bundled them up as it was late afternoon and starting to get a bit cold. Makena was off that day for naps, though not for lack of trying, I just couldn't manage to get her down for a nice afternoon nap. We'll it caught up with her during the walk..and as Michael headed back up our street..she fell asleep in the stroller. He looked at me and said "Do I take her out?" I quickly declined...so we moved her to the garage and let her take a short little cat-nap. We kept checking on her and giggling. It was just too funny. Eventually I had to wake her, so we could get her back down for the night. Poor thing. I have to admit though - doesn't it look warm and snuggley??
1 comment:
The pony is super cute. Good job mom.
Post a Comment