Saturday, May 1, 2010

Farms and Muffins

We must finally be coming out of the first year baby fog, because I'm finally starting to do some creative stuff with my girls. I've had lots of ideas, but the time and energy to do them has been lacking.


A friend of mind blogged about making Hide and Seek Muffins quite awhile ago. I thought it was great idea and kept it in the back of my mind. And Friday morning I got it all ready and got Maddy involved. Huge smiles and her running to get the step stool. The recipe calls for strawberries, hidden in muffins and goes along with the cutest little book - The Big Hungry Bear. Huge Success. Of course, Maddy loved making the muffins..but not so much on eating the. She likes to pull them apart and talk about the strawberry - and basically make a huge mess. But I've yet to see her actually eat any muffins. Oh well - we'll keep trying. All about the experience, right?! Thank You to Katy for sharing a great idea!



Today we headed out to one of our favorite parks, Farrel McWhirter Park in Redmond. Maddy and I took a class called Family Day at the Farm. Fun class with just a few kids involving a tour of the farm, feeding all the animals, making homemade butter, stories, and a wagon ride.


She was a bit nervous about feeding the animals at first, but warmed up after a bit. I have to admit when the animal your feeding is as tall as you are...that's got to be a bit intimidating! But she jabbered on about all the animals and animal sounds for the rest of class. The class ended with a Wagon Ride, which she loved. I had no idea the class would be such a hit. We are headed back for a few others this summer!


1 comment:

katy said...

Glad you liked the hide and seek muffins. my kids didn't like to eat them either :) ugh. picky eaters. not fun. If you find some cute fabric, I'll gladly make you some pillow cases. Just mail the fabric to me here or to my house in Seattle (we'll be visiting the last week of July/first week of Aug.) I really would be happy to make some for you.