We are a little behind on the blog. Check back for posts in May.
Makena Hope is One Year Old. Its so hard to believe how fast it comes up, yet there are so many moments in the last year we felt like we were stuck in time. My sweet little baby is supposedly no longer a baby and now a Toddler. You can see her changing almost daily. Her reactions to new things, and giggles to others...and the way she interacts with Sister.
.jpg)
Then - 10 days old
Now - 1 year old
We celebrated her birthday with a small party of family and friends, thrilled she is turning one year old...and mostly so happy to have made it through this year. I'm excited to see her start walking and move into the next few months. I remember it was a good age for Madelyn, so we'll see what it brings for Makena.
Makena was having nothing to do with her cake. Big Sister tried to show her how its done, but Makena wasn't convinced. Funny thing is Maddy was the same way but worse!
We made it to the big One. The kids look a bit glassy eyed, but we did it.
Maddy and Meme sharing a moment.
Makena is not walking yet, but cruising from furniture to chair and around the room...and standing on her own for bits of time. She has only 5 teeth so far, and we are still trying to move her onto table foods. She seems to be picky about foods, just like Big Sister. I'm holding out hope this will change. She is now sleeping through the night, which feels miraculous. I almost hate to put it in writing because I'm sure I've cursed it. She had her One Year check-up last week and she is doing great. She weighs 22.13oz and is in the 75% for weight, and 31" long and in the 95% for height.
Next big hurdles - walking and more table foods. Sooner, than later we hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment