Madelyn moved into a twin bed over the weekend. It was big news and a huge step in our house. The child who in the past has not done well with change, is now asking for new things and new experiences. I'm continually shocked on how much she is changing and realizing she is becoming this Little Girl and not a toddler anymore.
I admit, part of this was mom's subtle doing in planting the idea in Maddy's head. But she was off and running with it and couldn't stop talking about getting a 'Big Girl Bed'. So on Saturday Maddy and I, headed down to Ikea to pick out a bed. The trip was exhausting but Maddy was really good. Just hard wrangling her inside a big store with so many items to touch and see. We checked out our options, had some "discussions" and found one that was just right. Headed to the warehouse, where Mom soon found out how hard it was to hold onto a bunch of small stuff, track the child, and load large boxes onto carts. It was a workout, at one point holding two carts with a 35lb child inside one. But we did it, paid for it and headed home.
Dad had the bed set-up by late afternoon and then the true test began. Was she really going to sleep in it? And thankfully yes, she did. Bedtime took a bit longer with more stories, songs, and a threat of a move back into the crib...but she did go to sleep in her bed. All night long. I am amazed and she is so very proud....and its just about all she talks about. This morning she told me she didn't feel very good and was going back to bed. Okay, I said, head on up. It didn't last too long, but she is thrilled with that bed. Nap times have been more interesting. I found her sleeping on the floor, at the end of the bed, with her fussies. Not sure how she ended up there...and was very shocked when she woke up. And as long as she stays in that room, I don't care where she sleeps!
1 comment:
Very cute and the bed is nice too.
Post a Comment