3 years later my baby is getting a bit bigger...just a wee bit.... and just a wee bit livelier. And louder. Most of all, she knows how to work it. See that Popsicle...that's proof right there. We had a fantastic birthday celebration at a local park. Strawberry Shortcake theme with homemade decorated cupcakes, which is almost a miracle...as decorating cakes of any sort isn't my forte. Sandi Heinrich came down to photography our event, so more pics to come of these big day.
There is a good chance my hubby will seek revenge upon me for posting this picture. But it just couldn't be helped. This pic says it all. It shows exactly, to the intricate detail, how we felt as parents after the big birthday party event. EXHAUSTED. We opened presents after Maddy's Nap, and ..you can just tell we are trying to hold on by a thread to get to the beloved bedtime. Big day. Lots of work. But so worth it.
Happy Birthday Madelyn~
The latest things from Maddy:
"I wanna be a dog" (When ask why she stepped in dog doo and smeared it all over the grass)
"I love Mom, I love Dad, I love Makena, I love Wyatt, I love me."
"Mom, your my hero (where do they get this stuff?)"
"I do it all by myself (usually in quite the whining voice)"
"Mom, I've got some work to do."
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Miss Maddy!
It's almost hard to remember back 3 years to when you were an infant! You certainly have turned into an adorable young lady. Now be nice to your mom and dad, they deserve it!
That photo of Mike is HILARIOUS! That is definitely the look of pure exhaustion. Glad to be part of Maddy's celebration... what fun to have known the Potter family for three years now!
Post a Comment