Monday, November 15, 2010

Pony Rides, Care Bears & Potty Training

We started potty training Maddy seriously about the middle of September.   It was not easy, to say the least.  We tried many things to motivate her and some worked a bit, but would wane after a day or so...until we found Care Bears.  I had a couple which I had picked up at a thrift store for a potty training reward.  I had no idea they would be the ticket.   Maddy was beyond excited about her CareBears.  I searched on craiglist and found a person selling a bunch of them.   Believe me, I really didn't want to bring all these CareBears into my home.  But, I was desparate to get this girl potty trained.   And well now.....now we have this:


And we also have one proud happy potty trained three year old, who loves her CareBears.  So I guesss its worth it.  

Maddy has been asking for a pony ride since her Birthday.  I accidently mentioned it months ago, and she didn't let me forget it.    I finally got Maddy into a Pony Class with the City of Redmond who runs them pretty cheap at Farrel McWhirter Park.  Only the classes are really popular, so it took me awhile to be able to get a space in one.  So we finally went, for first two Sundays in November.  Coincidentally Molly, one of Maddy's friends, was also in the class.   I love the class because its not just a pony ride, they actually teach the girls a bit about horses and taking care of them.   







And last but not least, my silly little bucket-head.   Its become a game around this house.  Find a bucket.  Put it on your head.  Run up to Mom or Dad and giggle.   I love my silly little bucket-head.

No comments: