Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa pictures take two

In the beginning we had this....

Mom found a rare opportunity in the Holiday Season. I took the kids for storytime at a shopping center nearby. Maddy happily sat listening to stories and Makena managed to entertain herself.  I  looked around to see they were doing Santa photos and no line!  We tried to get Santa Photos last weekend and what looked like a rather short line was estimated at 1.5 - 2 hours.  No way, would our girls wait that long.  I thought Santa Photos might be a bust this year.   

But....this was my chance. I jumped at the chance and we spur of the moment, went and got Santa pics.   But as we got closer the girls started to realize what was happening. I plopped Makena down on his lap..and we have picture below. Maddy literally shook her head and started to cry.    With a bit of luck from a fantastic photographer,  patient and wonderful Santa, and the magic candy cane....we got the photo below. Its a amazing we got both girls smiling. If you look close, you'll see Maddy holding the candy cane and Makena holding a cookie. Go figure, sugar helps every time.  

A huge thank you to our friends, Kari and Melissa who were with us, for helping us out and making it all happen.   This was definitely a day this mom was grateful for her other mom-friends to lend a hand.

And by the end we got some smiles!

No comments: