Saturday, March 26, 2011

All Fools Day Parade

We've taken a little break from our blog.  Sometimes you just don't have much to blog about.   I'll do a catch up post later on our boring lives of the last month.  Mostly, just sick.   Mom sick, Makena sick, Maddy sick, Makena sick.  You get the idea, not real exciting stuff. 

 


And today that changed.  I took the girls to the annual All Fools Day Parade in Woodinville. Michael was off sailing, so it was up to me to wrangle two little ones.  Two girls,  mutliple sippies and snacks, one large wagon, two small kid chairs, and additional supplies for the event. We had some initial tears and whining, but once we met up with our friends, everyone seemed to get happy.

 


The parade is an adorable event, with the main feature being a brigade of basset hounds all dressed up in various costumes of sorts.   Its a rather small parade, but just perfect for little kids.   Makena surprised me on how accepting she was of it, happy to watch the parade and eat snacks.   I was impressed as I really thought she wouldn't last long.    We saw many friends in the parade and around town.  The looming threat of rain held off till the end of the parade, so we lucked out with weather. 



One of the last things we saw was Ronald McDonald bringing up the end of the parade on a Segaway.   Maddy screamed out "Hey, its Old MacDonald...its Old MacDonald!"     She thinks McDonalds is called Old Macdonalds Farm.   Hah!  So, I guess this must be Old MacDonald himself, in person, on a Segaway.    

No comments: