Sunday, March 27, 2011

Random

“Play is the work of children,” Captain Kangaroo (aka Bob Keeshan) once said. “It’s very serious stuff.”


Maddy Says...

"When I grow up I want to be a Daddy so I can stand up and pee like you Daddy."
"Know we talked about in Preschool today?  We talked about Naked Mole Rats."
"Mommy, why don't you go talk to someone else."
"Pirates don't go potty" (She was playing dress-up in a Pirate outfit)  Her friend Molly came back with "Princesses go potty".   



And Makena isn't saying much yet.  She has lots of babbling, gesturing, whining and definitely gets her point across.  But words are not being said yet.  I'm sure one day soon she'll explode and then will have two little ones jabbering non-stop, and a mom who already feels silence is like gold.  You can never have too much.



Playing a little catch up in this post.   I got a chance to visit Madelyn's preschool on Valentines Day.   Makena came with me and did her best to interrupt their story time and make a nuisance of herself. 

Mostly, over the last few weeks, we did a lot of this.....


And this.....

When Madelyn is sacked out on the couch, with pillow and blanket....you know your in the trenches with the sickies.   We had a bad croupy cough the last few weeks.  It started with Madelyn and was tough for her, so I knew it wouldn't be anymore fun with Makena.   I am glad to be done with that, back to healthy kids, and getting some good nights sleep again.  

1 comment:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Great pics! Even the sickies are adorable (in photos, I'm sure they aren't as cute in person when they are sick!).