Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Fun

I will admit its March 7th and I'm doing some very overdue blog posts.  I keep this blog more as a scrapbook for the girls, but lately I've been a bit slow about keeping it updates.  

The Holidays were quite fun this year.  Its nice to have the girls just a bit older,which makes things a bit easier in some ways.   We took both girls to the Garden D' Lights in Bellevue.   Its perfect since its close by and a short tour.  Just enough for the girls to love and not get those little hands too chilly.


Madelyn protesting pictures.  Family pics continue to be a big challenge.


Maddy and I made a favorite recipe of mine, Cream Cheese Fold Over cookies.    I remember making these a few times with my mom and and loved them as a kid.   My mom didn't really love baking, so getting her in the kitchen to do cookies was special.   I loved these cookies as their really like pie crust dough with cream cheese and then jam in the middle.   Yummy.    As you can see Maddy loved baking with me and the mess tells of our success.


The end result was delicious.   These cookies always taste better if you let them cool and refrigerate them overnight.   They didn't look as perfect as I hoped, but end tasted pretty delicious. 


And it wouldn't be the Holidays if we didn't decorate some sugar cookies with our friends.  Molly and Tate were in on our fun. 

I had an appointment with Makena and had to drop Maddy off at a local childcare one day.  What luck when we walked in and found out it was Gingerbread House day!    This is her masterpiece.  What a fantastic idea and even better than it was done somewhere else instead of home!!  :)


No comments: