Monday, March 12, 2012

Park Day

There is nothing like that first few days of sunshine after a long grey wet winter in Seattle.    We headed out to a favorite park a few weeks ago with our friends.    I brought the kids ride-on toys and after gathering our stuff we walked on in.   

Broken Trike.   Hoping Dad or Pepe can fix this mess.


I was holding the tricycle and walking with the kids, when we hit a bump in the sidewalk.   The tricycle front tire flew up and literally flew apart.   Pieces of trike everywhere.  It has pretty dang funny.  One minute we had a trike, the next we just had parts.    Luckily Makena was not on it at the time.    Makena started crying at her broken trike and I could do nothing but laugh.



This particular park is near a lake and has a great play area. We ran into some other friends and as I was chatting away, I looked up to find this. My two-year old climbing up this steep ladder thing which she seems much too small for. What could I do? She can obviously handle it as she made it to the top. So I snapped some pics. Makena is quite the climber and doesn't have a lot of fear.


The three are quite the trio of girls.  Mostly its Molly and Maddy.  But once in awhile they let Makena in on their silliness.  

Classic kid moment. Thowing rocks in the lake.   I bet they could have done it for hours.

No comments: