Random pics from a couple crazy weeks!
She found the ink pad. She did some stamping and then, I can only imagine, buried her face in it.
She came to show me her artwork. Gorgeous isn't she? Can I tell you how much I love stamp pads? I really want to love them, and in theory they seem fun. Only it mostly ends up like this, which doesn't seem like so much fun to this mom. Of course she left her prints on the walls and doors and everywhere else she touched. Its washable. Good thing.
We started potty training. We spent a few days like this. Potty, Dora, repeat. The good news if you wait till 3.5 years old to potty train your kid, turns out it goes very fast. Granted her speech delay made potty training quite difficult in the past, which is why we put it off. Until last couple weeks when I was just done and convinced her so was she. Now we are in Big Girl underwear. Halleljuah! Guess which character is plastered all over just about every pair? Dora. Dora, what would we do without you?
Some nights bedtime can be a lot of fun. Dad is all about routine, no fussing, no screwing around, getting them to bed. And me, well sometimes you just have to stir the pot a bit and raise a ruckus. Its fun. They are only young once and before we know it, they most definitely won't want us to put them to bed. They won't want anything to do with us. So until that moment....
| I love getting a cute moment caught on camera. |
The game on on this night was put on your character towel and run around like crazy. Makena had on the monster towel, and then would stop, point one finger in the air and scream "Super Why, to the rescue!!!" I couldn't get enough of it. It was so stinking cute. We have made amazing progress with her speech delay in the last few months. I soak moments like these up. We worked hard for them. She is quite the character and now we know what she has to say.
Dad came through with quite a bit of patience while the 'Super Why' game was going on. His patience finally wore thin. He wanted the girls in bed. Its hard to get them to stop and focus on PJs after you've got them going. Shocking, I know. Mike got creative, trying to lure Makena to her bedroom saying he was going to put on her PJs. Honestly, she didn't seem to care to much. But it made for one great picture. They did eventually go to bed. They always do, whether its on Dad's expressway routine to bed, or Mom's raise some ruckus bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment