Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bunny Bounce

We went to the Woodland Park Zoo for the annual Bunny Bounce a few weeks ago.  It seemed like it would be fun.  I heard good reports from friends who went in past years.    We got there and I completely under-estimated crowds and chaos.   I really don't know what we were thinking.  

Waiting for the Egg Hunt.  Check out the mass of people in the background,
 just waiting in line for the next Egg Hunt.  Crazy!
I will be honest in that the egg hunt was just lame.    You search for eggs, with nothing in them and then recycle them into boxes as you leave the hunt.   That is it.  That is all.   The girls seemed to like it.  I think we could have had more fun staying home.  

We cut our zoo trip short and headed over to the Locks.  It was a gorgeous day, perfect for checking out the boats and running around the gorgeous gardens at the Locks.    Stopped by Red Mill Burgers across the street for a yummy lunch.


 Lesson Learned.  Skip crazy holiday events at the Zoo.   So not worth it.  What is worth it is a trip to Red Mill Burgers.  I recommend the Verde Chicken Burger.   And if its sunny, a walk through the Locks.



1 comment:

katy said...

We've never been to the Bunny Bounce. Seems strange since it is a mile from our house, but the crowds and the fact that it is not on Easter just didn't appeal to me. Glad to hear we've made the right choice.