Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 Months old in Record Heat

Heat. It's what we have a lot of this week in Seattle. If your reading from another part of the country, than you might be surprised to know they are forecasting a high temperature in the Puget Sound tomorrow of 101 Degrees!!! Yep, triple digits. A potential new record. In Seattle....rainy, dismal, grey Seattle. Needless to say most of us are not handling this heat-wave very well.

The Potter family is spending much time at the InLaws who have AC! Let's give a big shout out to the Inlaws for making a very wise decision to install AC a couple years ago. We are sooo appreciative of them letting us cool off for the days in their comfy home. Madelyn plays, Makena has many multiple people to nap on, and I rest nicely on their couch. Its a good thing.

Another good thing is my bundle of sweetness who is now 2 months old. Two months today. I swear the time flew by. The first couple months with Madelyn seemed to last so much longer - probably being a new parent and stressed out all the time. But with Makena, its just flashed by in a blip. I guess we are too busy handling two kids and trying to keep the chaos to a minimum.

I have no pics today as I'm camped out in the bedroom, which has a portable AC unit - an don't have a way to upload them. But, when I can brave the heat in the rest of the house..I'll post some pictures. So check back. I'm also checking the weather reports like a mad-woman hoping all the "weather models" have messed up and the temps miraculously fall to the mid-70's overnight. It could happen.....

1 comment:

WasSoggyInSeattle said...

Wow! That's hotter than here in the high desert!!! Take it easy. I read on FB where someone put their sheets in their freezer.